The Chinese believe that if you are born in the same year as the Chinese zodiac for the year, you would have 犯太岁 (fan tai sui), and have a bad year due to a zodiac clash. 2014 is the year of the horse, and because my birthday falls before Chinese New Year on the year I was born, I’m considered to be a Horse baby instead of a Goat baby. But I’m not really superstitious about zodiac clashes so I was not aware about this thing till a friend of mine raised it up.
Anyway the main highlights of the year:
1) Finally obtained my driving license, a day before Valentine’s Day.
2) Travelled to at least 3 countries this year– Goldcoast, Bangkok and Malaysia. I love Australia so much that I would not mind going back there again year after year! 😀 Planning to travel more often next year if possible
3) Started cooking more often this year
4) Developed a new found love for cafe hopping
5) Left my job of 3 years at my alma mater as an educator for a career switch in a totally different area.
6) Completed my university studies, with stellar results for my final semester
7) Got shortlisted for a scholarship opportunity
8) Managed to fulfill all my 2014 resolutions for this year (: [refer to previous post before this for more information)
Still working on the resolutions for 2015. Till then, this marks the closure to year 2014. Let’s hope for a better life in 2015. Auld Lang Syne my dear readers. Thank you for being a part of 2014 (: